Here is my Orange and Poppy Seed bread, I usually buy a muffin or slice of bread each time I buy a coffee which honestly costs a fortune after awhile! So I’m saving myself some money by making a loaf which can last a few days with my morning coffee. Make this and share it with your loved ones before they head to work.
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour sifted
- 1/2 Cup caster sugar
- 100g butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of olive/vegetable oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 oranges
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 2 -3 drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan forced.
- In a mixer beat the butter and caster sugar until all has combined. Slowly add in the beaten egg continuing to beat.
- Once the mixture is smooth, slowly add the flour and beat until all has combined and the texture is smooth again.
- Pour in half the milk and combine then pour in the rest of the milk and continue to mix. The batter should be smooth and shiny.
- You will need to grate the rind of both oranges and then juice the rest into the batter. Beat in the both the grated rind and juice until combined. Pour in the vanilla essence, oil and poppy seeds and combine through.
I use a little of the orange pulp to give the batter an extra kick of orange.
- Pour the batter into a bread loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Put into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 – 50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Slice and eat by itself, with butter or with some cream!
❤ Little K Kitchen