A bread week this week! Similar to my previous post, the method of this bread is pretty much the same but of course with different ingredients. The lemon is an option, it gives the bread a bit of tang which I personally prefer.
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour sifted
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 100g butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of olive/vegetable oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 – 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Bananas (ripe) mashed.
- 2 Table spoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven on 170 degrees celsius fan forced.
- With an electric mixer beat the brown sugar and butter together until the butter is completely combined. You will know that the butter is all mixed when there are no more yellow (buttery) bits inside the mixture, it should be a consistent brown.
- Slowly add in the beaten egg and continue to combine. Keep the mixer going until the batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour and cinnamon together.
- Now we will combine the wet and dry bowls together. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the wet bowl and continue to mix until it has form a consistent batter.
- With a fork or masher mash up the banana and add to batter and roughly stir through.
- Now add the lemon juice, milk and oil and mix until it has all blended together and has resulted in a smooth and shiny batter.
- Add the poppy seeds and combine.
- Pour the batter into a bread loaf tin which should be lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 – 60 minutes, until the skewer comes out clean.
Slice and serve!
Enjoy your weekend lovely foodies!
❤ Little K Kitchen